Amazing Christmas Party Appetizers
When it comes to your office Christmas party, the thing most of your employees are going to be looking forward to most is the food. They love a bit of entertainment and dancing, but free food is totally the highlight of the party.
But what to serve? Instead of going all out with a multi-course meal or banquet, why not get creative and serve lots of amazingly delicious appetizers? Have a few trays of these bad boys going around, and your employees will be very content!
- Pigs in a Blanket — It’s not common to see these in Australia, but they’re hugely popular in America. Simply stuff a few sausages or cocktail wieners into a bit of bread dough and bake. It’s an appetizer that your employees will love, and they’re amazingly filling as well!
- Mozzarella Balls or Sticks — No, we’re not talking about the fried cheese sticks you buy at the supermarket in the frozen packages. We’re talking about freshly made, piping hot cheese sticks or balls. Bread the cheese and drop it into a vat of boiling oil, and you’ll end up with gooey goodness that will be an instant hit with your guests.
- Mini-Pizzas — Stay away from the calzones, but instead opt for tiny pizzas. It’s pretty easy to make these pizzas, and you can use your own pizza dough and sauce if you want. Make sure that they’re easily downed in a couple of bites, and your employees will love them!
- Upside-Down Mushrooms — The bigger the mushrooms, the tastier they are. You can go with Portobello mushrooms, and bake them upside down on a baking tray. Sprinkle a bit of cheese and bacon onto the top, and you’ve got an appetizer to die for.
- Shrimp Salad Canapés –– Who doesn’t love a nice canapé for a Christmas party? A cold shrimp salad is absolutely delicious, and is the perfect way to whet your appetite on a hot Christmas day. You’ll find that these canapés are ideal for your employees to fill up without having to sit down for a traditional meal.
- Ham and Cheese Platter — One of the simplest appetizers that you can use to feed your employees is a ham and cheese platter. Set out an assortment of cheeses, both strong and mild. Complement it with a few cuts of ham, and you’ve got a party. As long as you have olives and bread or crackers on the side, your appetizers are complete.
- Salad Bar — Who doesn’t love a good salad bar, especially when the weather outside is so hot? You’ll find that setting up a salad bar is a good way to keep your Christmas dinner fairly cheap, and it will still be wonderfully enjoyable for the guests that want to keep things light.
About the Author:
Planning a Christmas office party can be a lot of work, which is where we come in. Red Scooter is one of Melbourne’s premier event and function planning companies, and we’ve got years of experience helping people plan amazing parties. With our help, you’ll find your event can go off without a hitch!