Corporate functions can often be a bit dry and boring, there’s no two ways about it. Whether you’re giving a presentation, a seminar, or a training course, you have a lot of important material to cover and the fun tends to get left behind. Or at least left until the after-party.
Once your corporate guests have sat through hours of dry material, it’s time to liven things up with a bit of entertainment. Here are some creative ideas that you should consider when planning how to entertain your guests:
- Hire a comedian. Have them come and do their own material, or see if they can’t come up with a bit of material relevant to your company and industry. Everyone can use a good laugh after a long day cooped up in a stuffy conference room.
- Book a caricaturist. Who doesn’t love to look at funny, silly, highly exaggerated pictures of themselves? Having a caricaturist on hand will give your employees something fun to do, and will provide them with a souvenir to take home as well.
- Get a band. Live music can make your corporate event a whole lot of fun, so why not look into a band that will do live cover music – or even original songs? Just make sure that the style of music is conducive to the party.
- Find a DJ — DJs may seem unnecessary, but why not find one that plays only music from a certain era? An 80s DJ is fairly common, but it can take work to find a DJ that has all the best songs from the 50s or 60s. It’s a great way to think outside the box in terms of music.
- Get Dangerous –– Want to do something to shock and surprise your guests? Hire a fire eater, a break dancing crew, a handful of stilts walkers, or even acrobats. You’ll find that anything that looks dangerous or difficult is sure to entertain the guests.
- Look for Musicians –– Dueling pianists are sure to add a lot of hype and liveliness to your event, while opera singers will make it a much more classy function. Consider a vocal improve artist who can make up lyrics to a song on the spot, or hire a choir to sing Christmas carols at your corporate Christmas party.
- Go with Funny –– Comedians aren’t the only funny people out there, but you’ve got ventriloquists, mimes, and clowns as well. People love to laugh, and finding a funny act can be a great way to end your corporate function in style.
About the Author:
Planning a corporate event is no easy task, so let us help you plan the function down to a T. We can offer you one of the best event venues in Melbourne, plus a team of hard-working professionals to help you prepare everything. By the time your guests stroll into the room, they’ll be amazed to find the unique entertainment that you’ve booked for their corporate function. We’re Red Scooter – the best at what we do!