Searching through Melbourne event venues can be a challenge, but it’s a necessary one if you want to host a corporate event that will be a big success. Here are a few tips to help you in your event planning process:
- Delegate tasks ASAP — Make sure everyone in the planning committee is clear on what their tasks are well before the day of the event. Draw up a list of all the tasks to be accomplished, and hand them out to all the members of the committee. It will ensure that everything is taken care of, taking the weight off your shoulders.
- Expect imperfection –– There are so many things that can go wrong with the event, so you need to have a back-up plan in place. You may never get the event “just right” thanks to budget and political constraints, so just accept it when things are as good as they will ever be.
- Plan for transportation –– Remember, not all of your corporate guests will be attending from within the city. You’ll need to arrange parking for guests visiting from other cities, and possibly even a shuttle to pick up guests flying in.
- Have a “commander in chief” –– There needs to be one person in charge, one person who makes final decisions on any problems that arise. It’s the only way that you will be able to deal with these issues when they inevitably comes up.
- Be flexible –– You have planned this event to go a certain way, but you need to be a bit flexible with the plan. Not everything is going to go perfectly, and you may find that things need to change according to your guests’ preferences, availability, and mood.
- Share the plan with others –– If you are the ONLY one who knows what should happen in the event, the risk of something going wrong is VERY high. You need to include a number of people in the event-planning process, and a few others need to have the itinerary handy so they can be certain to keep things rolling if you can’t handle the problems.
- Involve key personnel early on –– Many events need the CEO or executives to write off on the plan, and you may find that certain shareholders or vendors play a key role in the success of the event. If you need to include others in the event planning or organisation process, include them early on so that they know what needs to be done and when.
Your corporate event can be a huge success with the right help, and that help comes in the form of our expert Red Scooter event planners. Not only do we offer one of the best, most capable team of organizers and coordinators, but we can provide a unique venue for your event. As one of Melbourne’s premier event planners, we’re more than capable of helping you host an event that will be a success!