Planning a Christmas party for your corporation? You’ll find that a corporate Christmas party can be a good way for all of your employees located around the city to get together and enjoy the spirit of the holidays. A lot going into planning your Christmas party, so here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Time — When does the party start, and how long will it run? You want the party to start around 5 or 6 pm, and end around 9 or 10 – with an option to run later. At least parents that want to get home to their kids will be able to without feeling like they’re bailing on the party.
- Date — The closer it gets to Christmas, the more parties your employees will likely be invited to. If you can hold the Christmas party a bit earlier in the month, it may mean you have more guests at the corporate Christmas party.
- Budget –– How much does the corporate office allow you to spend? Before you can plan any event, you need to have a budget to work with.
- Venue –– Want to hold the party at a hall, an art gallery, a museum, a restaurant, a hotel, or on a cruise ship? Think about what venue will make your party special, and try to book it!
- Menu –– No Christmas party is complete without food and drink, but just how much of each do you want? It’s often best to limit the amount of hard alcohol you offer, and even too much beer and wine can be bad. Food and drink can be costly, so make sure you have enough for everyone – but not too much.
- Entertainment –– Planning on inviting a local band to play live, hire a troupe of actors, or just letting people mingle and dance? Why not have a raffle with lots of awesome prizes?
- Gift Giving/Exchange –– Doing the “Secret Santa” game can help your employees save money on their gifts, and yet will ensure that each person does get a gift. You can also give gifts to the employees from the company – in addition to their bonuses, of course!
- Takeaway Gifts — Your employees can’t leave the party without some goodie bag to take away, no matter how simple the items it contains may be. It will make big difference to them!
- Cleanup –– Once the party’s over, who’s doing the cleanup? If the venue offers a cleanup service, great! If not, are you going to have a committee of unlucky employees doing the cleanup, or will you hire a service to come in and do it for you?
About the Author:
Planning the best corporate Christmas party Melbourne has ever seen is no easy task, but we’re up to the challenge! Red Scooter offers a Christmas party experience that you’ll find nowhere else, and our team of professionals will work with you to plan a party to remember! Come visit us just outside of Melbourne’s CBD, and see how we can make your Christmas party a legendary event…