DO’S AND DONT’S FOR PLANNING AN OFFICE CHRISTMAS PARTY
The Do’s and Don’ts for Planning an Office Christmas Party when planning an office Christmas party. Can be a surprising amount of work! You’ve got a lot of things to keep in mind, and you may find a few new grey hairs when you ring in the New Year. Good news: we’ve got a few do’s and don’ts to help you as you plan your Christmas party.
- Find the right venue — You want the party to be off-site, as throwing a party in your office can feel a bit too much like actual work. Find a good party hall or event salon, and your party stands a greater chance of success.
- Get food, but the right food — It’s not time to sit and eat, but you want to get food that can be eaten while standing up and chatting. Make sure it’s filling food, but keep it to finger-food as much as possible.
- Plan games, but don’t force it — Games can be a lot of fun, but forcing people to play the games can make the party a bit awkward. Instead, have a number of games planned, and make sure they involve as few or as many players as want to participate.
- Make sure everyone is comfortable — Party hats are optional, but a good time is highly recommended! Try and help each guest feel comfortable, and keep an eye out for behavior that could make guests awkward or uncomfortable. Do’s and Don’ts for Planning an Office Christmas Party
- Talk shop — Let the guests know there’s a strict “No Work Talk” policy at your party. And make sure that the office politics and gossip stays at the office.
- Invite kids — Spouses can make the party enjoyable. But kids will make it a noisy, hectic event. Don’t forget that you have to feed kids, which will drive up the cost of the affair even further.
- Skimp on the booze — This could be a fatal mistake that will kill your party, so make sure that you have enough alcohol for the event. You may want to stay away from too much hard alcohol. Beer, wine, and mixed drinks can make the event though!
- Allow wallflowers or cliques — Encourage people to mingle with the other guests at the party. And help those that are too shy to do so to find people they can talk to. Try to prevent cliques from forming, but let people that get along well hang out together.
- Cater yourself — Make sure that there is a service doing the catering for you. The food will make or break the Christmas party. Don’t be tempted to do all the food shopping yourself, but just foot the bill for a good caterer.
If you want one of the best Christmas party venues Melbourne has to offer. Come down to Red Scooter and see what we’ve got to offer! We’re not only one of the best conference venues in the city, but our space can be customized to be the perfect Christmas party venue as well. With our award-winning service and our team of talented event planners, you’ll have a Christmas fiesta to remember! Do’s and Don’ts for Planning an Office Christmas Party
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
WHY IS RED SCOOTER MELBOURNE’S MOST POPULAR WAREHOUSE VENUES FOR EVENTS?
It boils down to one simple thing: our mothers raised us right!
Our mums taught us to:
Be considerate of others and their things
Treat others like we want to be treated
Go the extra mile to make people happy
Thanks to these simple life lessons, Red Scooter has made it a point to go above and beyond to give each customer EXACTLY what they want.
THERE’S NO PARTY LIKE A RED SCOOTER PARTY!
An award-winning venue, with flexible style, unique décor, and tip-top service.
Creative and professional event planners who work with you to create a function that will blow your guests away with fun and entertainment.
Top-quality catering and service, from signature cocktails to on trend food carts.
If you want only the best for your events in Melbourne, you should make Red Scooter your first choice.
OUR AWARD WINNING VENUE IS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR EXCLUSIVE USE
LOOKING FOR MORE?
The Do’s and Don’ts for Planning an Office Christmas Party ideas listed here are only a sample of what Red Scooter The Unique Events Venue can provide at our New York inspired warehouse venues. We can tailor any function package to suit your needs – and this is only limited by your imagination. We specialize in making every occasion a unique experience – from your guests arrival to the last dance we will help bring your dreams to life at Red Scooter.
Visit us just outside of Melbourne’s CBD, and talk with our professional event planners to see how our award-winning event planning service can help you create the function of your dreams! Your satisfaction is our guarantee, and we’ll take all of the stress off your plate – freeing you up to enjoy the celebration you deserve.
Our convertible warehouse chic event space allows you to put your best event forward. With modern, customisable venues for up to 380 people. Each of our venues lends itself as a blank canvas for you to fully customise.
OUR FOOD CART BROCHURE
Learn about the latest trends in event catering
AND OUR HISTORY OF EXCELLENCE
Red Scooter is proud of its achievement being voted the Best Function Venue according to Restaurant and Catering Victoria. We have also been commended as The Sustainable Business Award from the Environmental Protection Agency for our responsible environmental practices.
“WE STRIVE FOR A NEW YORK VIBE – AN EXCITING, COLOURFUL, SPARKLING MELTING POT OF CULTURES, CUISINE AND DÉCOR…”
Eammon Hamilton – Director of First Impressions
QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN CORPORATE EVENT PLANNING When corporate event planning, you can’t just focus on the activities and seminars that will be held during the event. You’ve got to think about all the “behind the scenes” details that are necessary for making the corporate event a success. WHEN LOOKING AT CORPORATE EVENT VENUE’S HERE…