NEW YORK STYLE SCHOOL FORMAL VENUE
Melbourne's Premier School Formal Venues, Red Scooter offers our young clients a unique celebration space featuring a distinctive New York style. Accommodating for up to 300 guests for a sit down dinner or 400 guests for a cocktail event. We specialise in Year Level School Formals, Valedictory Dinners or even a Traditional School Reunion is truly memorable.
Our fully licensed car park attendants will assist you and your guests with parking and entering the venue ensuring safe and easy access to and from the venue at all times.
Red Scooter’s professional team maintains a strong emphasis on security and appropriate student behaviour and provide the highest standard of service to ensure that every aspect of your event will exceed expectations.
SCHOOL FORMAL VENUES
We look forward to discussing how we can work together to create a night of nights for your school and ensure the success of your event.
The Red Scooter blog has tips on everything for planning your school formal! Here are just a few of the things you can learn:
- How to find the best venue for your school formal. You’ve called around, and are still having a hard time choosing the right venue. Here are a few of the important questions you NEED to ask in order to find the best venue for your school formal:
- Tips on how to host a responsible school formal and underage events. Hosting a responsible school formal can be a challenge, but here are some tips to help you prevent drinking as much as possible:
- Here are a few great school formal themes to consider for your next school formal. The school formal is a time of year that everyone looks forward to, as it’s a time that they can dress up, dance, and just let their hair down after months of studying hard.
HOW TO PUT TOGETHER A SCHOOL FORMAL PLANNING TEAM
Throughout my years of planning school formal parties and events, I've come to an important realization: much as I want to, I can't do it all!
There are thousands of tiny details that go into planning a succesful school formal, so much for one person to keep track of. In the beginning, I would try to do it all myself. Over time, I came to accept that I needed help and so I found people to work with. I've never regretted it—my Red Scooter team has made the school formal-planning process not only easier, but a whole lot more fun.
If you're trying to put together your own school formal planning team, here are a few things that helped me to find the right people to work with:
KNOW WHO YOU CAN TRUST
- With so many aspects of each event to plan, it's so easy for things to go wrong. You have to know that you can delegate a task to someone and they'll actually follow through and do it. This means finding people you can trust, and bringing them onto your formal-planning team. You need to trust their sense of taste and style as well as their ability to complete a task on time. A team filled with people you can trust is one guaranteed to succeed!
WORK WITH PEOPLE YOU LIKE
- You're going to be spending hours sitting in a room with these people, planning all the ins and outs of the formal. You will become like a family, but remember that families fight! Your relationship with your event planning team should be built in mutual appreciation and trust. In the end, the fact that you genuinely like each other will help you to work through the disagreements.
FIND THOSE WHO WILL GO AGAINST YOU
- A team of "yes men and women" is going to fail. You need people who will present a contrasting opinion and alternatives to your idea. It's always tough to hear them out at first, but over time you'll come to realize that these contrasts make your school formal venue event planning even more beautiful and successful. Those differences of opinion will give you a much better-rounded pool of information.
ROUND OUT YOUR SKILLSET
- If you're a whiz at the technical set-up, find someone to be your Master of Ceremonies. If you're organized down to the minute, find someone who has an eye for décor, color, and art. You have a certain set of skills, but it's no doubt incomplete. You need to find a team of students that will compliment your skillset and provide the support and expertise in the areas where you aren't as confident. A well-rounded team is the key to making a school formal that is organized, beautiful, enjoyable, and flawless.
It's not easy to put together a school formal event-planning team you can trust. It's taken me Eammon Hamilton over 20 years to bring together my Red Scooter team, and we're always on the prowl for ways to improve and add to our team. But by following these four rules above, I believe I've put together the best possible team—and our events reflect it!
SCHOOL FORMAL CHECKLIST
If you’ve never planned a school formal before, you probably have no idea how much work can go into it. You know how picky teenagers can be when it comes to their big events, so you no doubt want to get the event just right!
SCHOOL FORMAL THEMES
Are you looking for The Best School Formal Themes? The school formal venues time of year that everyone looks forward to, as it’s a time that they can dress up, dance, and just let their hair down after months of studying hard.
RESPONSIBLE SCHOOL FORMALS
One thing you want to avoid at your school formal, is drinking. Truth be told, there are a lot of things you’ll want to avoid, but drinking usually leads to all of the rest. Hosting a responsible school formal can be a challenge, here are some tips.