In the last decade, food trucks have become hugely popular all around Australia, and the world. They not only provide a mobile solution for easy accessibility, but they offer unique, creative takes on popular cuisines in a way that no restaurant ever could.
When planning a wedding, you may immediately think of a restaurant or catering service with years of experience cooking specifically for weddings. However, here are a few reasons you may want to consider a food truck to cater your wedding:
1. More variety. If you’re sick of the same 5-10 chicken, beef, and fish dishes served at every wedding, you’ll love the variety offered by a food truck. The fact that they bring their cooking equipment with them means they’ll be able to cook anything you want on the day of the event. You get much more variety in your choices, thanks to the broad variety of cuisines available from food trucks in Melbourne.
2. Find what matters to you. Do you want food prepared using only fresh, locally sourced ingredients? Does your meal have to be 100% vegan? Are you looking for exotic foods from around the world? Do you want finger foods and appetizers only? Whatever you’re looking for, there’s a food truck that can provide it. You’ll be able to work with the food truck owner to prepare a menu that meets your precise standards.
3. Keep costs low. Your caterer or wedding venue may offer you a great price on the food, but you’ll find that most food trucks can manage a lower price. Their lower overhead costs allow them to offer better rates on their services than most restaurants or catering services. You’ll find that the average food truck will charge you anywhere from 60 to 80% of what you’d pay for a traditional caterer.
4. Get something unique. Want a meal prepared specifically for your wedding? Work with a food truck! Food trucks have become popular because they offer unique alternatives, both brand new recipes and fresh takes on classic foods. You’ll find many food truck owners are thrilled to experiment with new recipes just for your wedding. You can get a menu prepared specifically for you, using the ingredients you love.
5. More flexibility. With a seated dinner, you have to wait for the servers to bring the dishes to the table, clear them away, and bring the next course. Not only can this make the meal drag on, but it can lead to a lot of hungry guests waiting for the servers to get around to their table. Food trucks often opt for either a buffet-style meal or have the guests line up to get their food. Either way, guests are usually served more quickly, clean-up is quicker and easier, and everyone has a chance to eat what they want, when they want.
Traditional catering services are an excellent option for those who want to go with a classic wedding dinner and menu. However, if you’re looking to change things up and try something fresh for your wedding, it may be a good idea to consider a food truck.