A party is only as good as its theme. The best parties aren’t necessarily the ones with the best food or drink, but they’re often the ones that people enjoy because of the activities and the ambience. With the right theme, you’ll find that people can enjoy themselves a whole lot more!
Some great theme ideas you can consider when planning your event:
- Mini-Golf — For a less formal event, have everyone attend the party in golf wear. Have a few mini-golf courses set up, and your guests can play a few holes with their friends. It’s guaranteed to be fun, and you can dress up without getting too fancy.
- Mexican — Who in their right mind wouldn’t enjoy a huge Mexican fiesta? Make sure you have the fast-paced salsa music, a wide assortment of tacos, chips, and dip, the piñata stuffed with candy, and brightly colored decorations.
- Picnic –– For a baby shower or a brunch party, throw a picnic in a quiet park. Spread colourful blankets on the floor, and break out the simple, delicious picnic foods.
- Pirate — Everyone has wanted to dress up as a pirate or pirate princess at some point in their lives, so why not encourage them to do so for your party? You can make your event centred around a pirate theme, no matter how formal or informal you want it to be.
- Sports –– Melbourne is a sporty city, and it’s a great place to find people passionate about their favourite sport – be it racing, tennis, rugby, or football. Throwing a sports-themed party may not be perfect for a formal fundraiser, but why not consider it for your Christmas office party, your bar mitzvah, or any other fun, informal party you want to hold?
- Mad Men –– The 60’s was a great time to be alive. Men dressed to the nines, and women looked their best at all times. Throw a Mad Men party, and see just how creative people can get when looking for old-timey suits and dresses.
- Wii Olympics –– To get your guests out of their shells and help them to have fun, set up an Olympics on a few Wii consoles. Guests can battle it out in the Wii Sport of their choice, and have prizes for the winning Wii athletes.
- Balloon Party –– You have no idea how creative balloon artists can get with their fun little creations, and you’ll find that holding a balloon party can be a fun and surprisingly formal event. You can even have a hot air balloon for guests that want to take short rides high into the air.
About the Author:
Planning an event takes a lot of time and effort, and it can be hard to plan all of the little details that go into making your party go off without a hitch. Thankfully, you’ve got a team of experts to help you!
With Red Scooter, planning a party is a cinch. We’ll help you go through every detail of your event, and we’ll make sure that it has all been planned down to the last place setting. It has never been easier than to party with us.