Factors to Consider When Choosing Corporate Event Venues
Finding the right corporate event venue in Melbourne can be a HUGE challenge! There are a lot of factors to consider, such as:
- Size — Does the venue have enough space for all of your guests? You need to consider both standing room and the room available when tables and chairs are added.
- Floor Space — Will you need room to dance or move around, or will the guests be seated? Will you need space for entertainment or a guest speaker?
- Décor –– Does the venue offer a décor that matches the purpose and tone of your event? Is it able to change up the décor according to your event?
- Catering — Will the venue provide the food and drink for your event, or will you need to hire a third party caterer? Is the venue willing to work with you to customize the menu for snacks, meals, and happy hour?
- Entertainment/Music –– Can the venue provide music and entertainment, or will you need to bring in a third party? Does the venue offer the proper AV equipment for the event?
These are the MOST important factors to consider, but here are a few more you DEFINITELY haven’t thought of:
- Entrance — Will the entrance to the venue feel crowded when there is a long line of guests waiting to get in? Tight spaces and narrow hallways may make your guests uncomfortable if they have to wait a while.
- Vendor Access –– Is there a space for your vendors to load and unload? Is there a back entrance to the kitchen or bar? Will there be service areas where your vendors can prepare food and drinks without being IN THE MIDDLE of your event?
- Flexibility –– How flexible is the venue? Can you set it up however you want, or do you have to follow a specific floor plan? Will the venue allow you to bring in celebrity chefs and outside help, or are you forced to use only their service providers?
- Fees –– Are you paying exorbitant corkage fees when bringing in your own alcohol? Do you have to pay extra for internet access? Will you be charged a high price for working with third party vendors?
- Service –– If you need assistance, will there be service personnel handy to help? Can you reach your venue contact easily should you have questions or problems? Service is a huge part of working with a Melbourne corporate event venue.
- Sound –– How does the venue sound? Is it large and empty? If so, the music may echo.
- Feel –– How does the venue feel? If it’s too formal, your event may feel too stuffy. If it’s not formal enough, it can detract from the professional tone of the corporate event.
These are just a few of the factors to consider when looking into corporate event venues in Melbourne. Thankfully, Red Scooter has everything you need to make your corporate event a success, and you’ll find that we’re the best at what we do! Come on down to our award-winning event venue just outside of Melbourne’s CBD, and see how we can transform your event into something magical.