Factors to Consider When Planning Corporate Events
If you’ve never been responsible for planning corporate events before, you probably have no idea how much work goes into it. You’ve probably discovered how hard it was to plan smaller events – such as office parties or local activities – but now you’re planning something on a much larger scale. Things are about to get tough!
The good news: we’ve got some advice to help you with your planning!
Choose the Type of Event
Do you know type of event you’re going to throw?
- Corporate retreat
- Party for employees
- Brainstorming/ idea generation
- Product launch
- Shareholders meet
The type of event definitely determines the activities and the location of the events, so you need to determine what type of corporate functions you’ll be planning before you can move on to the details.
Managing the Event
Now it’s time to deal with the details – truly the hardest part of the event. You need to consider:
- Venue — Where is your party/fundraiser/product launch going to be held? Can you do it in one of your city’s hotels, or should you get creative and find a unique venue for your event?
- Catering — Will you be eating three meals a day, a quick breakfast plus a large lunch, a night of cocktails and hors de oeuvres, or just taking a midday coffee break? How many people will you need to cater for, and are there any special dietary needs that you’ll need to take into account?
- Audiovisual Equipment — Are there going to be any speeches or presentations that will require the use of a podium and sound equipment? Will you need a projector to play a video presentation? Are you going to film the event, or should you hire a photographer to take pictures of the corporate functions?
- Seating Arrangements — Are you throwing a party, or is it more of a dinner/reception? Will you need to bring in tables and chairs, and will you need a seating arrangement to ensure that all of the attendants are seated in appropriate locations?
- Parking/Accessibility — Is there adequate parking facilities nearby, and are they large enough to accommodate the number of guests that will be attending your function? Is the venue accessible to everyone attending the event – even from around the country?
- Comfort and Security — Is there enough air flow/air conditioning/heating to ensure that the venue is neither too hot, too cold, or too stuffy? Is there sufficient natural daylight? Is the area enclosed – preventing children from going astray?
Should You Hire a Party Planning Company?
Event planning companies provide an invaluable service when it comes to planning corporate functions, but their services aren’t always cheap. We at Red Scooter try to provide you with the best packaged deals for your corporate events, but the service we provide is top-notch and invaluable. So should you factor an event planning company into your budget?
Even if you have the skills to plan the party yourself, you’ll find that so many little details and problems will arise that all of your time will be spent dealing with these issues. It’s better that you let us handle the problems, and you focus on keeping the event running smoothly. We’re worth it!