How to Deal with the Stress of Wedding Planning
Planning a wedding can be VERY stressful. You have to find the right Melbourne wedding venue, go cake tasting, shop around for the right caterer, plan the seating arrangements, and a thousand more tiny details. So much can go wrong, so it’s hard to relax and enjoy the wedding planning process.
As you’re planning your wedding, don’t let the stress get to you! Read our “how to” guide below to find out how you can deal with the stress of planning your wedding.
How to Manage Wedding Planning Stress
- Make decisions together — So many weddings have been ruined because the bride or groom made a big decision without consulting their partner. If you want to avoid wedding planning stress, work together to make the decisions–at least the big ones. You want to be on the same page for all of your wedding decisions, especially the ones that have the potential to be a bit more sensitive.
- Ask for help –– Don’t expect to plan your wedding alone. The truth is that wedding planning is a HUGE task, and doing it on your own will lead to mountains of stress. Ask your parents, your friends, the bridesmaids, and the groomsmen for help, or consider hiring an event planner. The help will be worth it!
- Take care of yourself –– Sleep well at night, get enough exercise in your week, and take care of your body by eating healthy. Don’t go on a crash diet just to fit into that wedding dress, but eat right to save your energy for that big day. You already have enough stress in your life, and you’ll just make it worse if you don’t take care of your body!
- Listen to advice — If you’re given advice on how to plan your wedding, save money, or organize the event, don’t automatically turn it down. Give it some thought at least, and see if it could work in your situation. A smart wedding planner listens to advice!
- Don’t feel obligated to change –– You want your wedding to go a certain way, but no doubt everyone around you has their own picture of what your wedding should be. Make decisions with your husband or wife, and stick with those decisions. If you try to change for everyone, you’re going to end up going crazy with the stress of pleasing people. Just keep the wedding how you want it–it is your big day, after all!
If you need help to deal with the stress, check out our blog for more helpful tips on planning a wedding. With our decades of combined experience, Red Scooter knows how to handle the pressures of planning a big event like this. Our blog posts can help you navigate the twists and turns of wedding planning, and there are experts standing by to help you should you need it. With our assistance, you can turn that wedding into the event of your dreams!