Questions to Ask When Planning a Corporate Event
Planning a big corporate event is no easy task, which is why most companies and corporations will have an entire team of people working on planning the affair. If you’re one of the members of the team, it’s definitely going to be difficult to know exactly how to plan the event. Thankfully, we’ve got a few simple questions you can ask yourself–and your team–to get you started:
- How many people are you planning on inviting? — This is a good first question to ask, as this will define the type of event you are throwing and the size of the corporate event venue you will require. If you want to invite ALL of your corporate sponsors and top customers, it will need to be a much larger event than one you’d throw for just your top employees. Think about how many people your budget can handle, and plan an event with that number of people in mind.
- How much do you want to spend per person? — Not only do you need to find the right Melbourne event venue for your corporate event, but you’ll also need to take into account catering, parking, floor space, and more. Once you figure out how many people you want to invite, divide that number of people into your budget. If you can’t pull it off with your current budget, either downsize the guest list or increase the budget.
- What are the most important elements for your event? — Planning an awards night to honor your top customers or employees? Hosting a seminar to train people or launch a new product? Think about what the three most important elements/activities are for your event, and make sure that you can cover the cost of these elements.
- What DON’T you want? — There are a lot of things that will be unimportant for the event, but a few specific things will want to be AVOIDED at all costs. If you’re planning a formal, professional event, why would you serve alcohol? If you’re hosting a celebratory event, you won’t want to bring in boring speakers. Think about the things you don’t want to include in your event, and take them off the list immediately.
- Will it be possible to pull it all off in the time allotted? — This doesn’t just include planning time, but also the time of the event. If your event runs too long, you’ll end up with guests leaving before the event finishes. You need to plan the activities to last less than the duration of the event itself, as that will ensure that there is free time for mingling and socializing. Also, make sure you have enough time to plan the event!
Planning a big corporate event? If so, you definitely need a team of event planning experts on your team to help! Thankfully, our Red Scooter team is one of the best in the city, and we offer one of the top Melbourne corporate event venues around. With our help, you really will be able to pull off that big event!