Red Scooter: General Event Information
Red Scooter: General Event Information
Red Scooter: General Event Information Red Scooter is an Event Space and Event Management service all rolled into one. We have been located in Balaclava / East St Kilda for the last fifteen years, and we are still the most award winning function & wedding venue in Melbourne!
To give you a brief about Red Scooter: General Event Information and our standard event services I have outlined below a quick step by step process of how we run our events;
Once the event has been book and a proposal / budget has been signed off, the real coordinating begins…..
1. Red Scooter’s Event Coordinator creates running sheets, floor plans and designs a check off list based around the individual clients needs.
2. The client and the Event Coordinator work very closely (including a two hour Confirmation of Details’ meeting), to ensure no stone is left unturned.
3. Red Scooter has weekly Management Meeting, where all managers attend and discuss the upcoming events in detail. This is to ensure all finial checks and questions have been covered.
4. Red Scooter has a specially created ‘Intranet’ for all staff to access all upcoming events. Floor plans, running, menus, etc are available for the staff to familiarise themselves with the event before briefing.
5. On the evening the venue is fully set-up a minimum of four hours before the event. This includes lighting, sound checks, final walk through and staff briefing.
6. Red Scooter’s security and parking attendants arrive a minimum of an hour before the event to set-up parking signing, placing of red carpet / bollards from entry doors and final cleaning for the street.
7. All of Red Scooter’s staff are required to wear uniforms, to be groomed appropriately and have proof of ID.
8. As guests arrive to the venue, the parking attends greet the guests and show them where to park (Red Scooter has 120 free car parking available).
9. Once guests have parked their cars, they will walk up to the allocated entrance (either Madisson or Dakota), and be greeted / welcome by Red Scooter security. Security will tick each guests name off a list, and to be shown up the main stairwell. If there are any guests who require disable access, Security will show the guests the disabled lift and let the Operations Manager to know to greet the guest at the top of the lift.
10. All Red Scooter staff from floor, security, kitchen, etc = are linked into internal radios. This ensures all staff can speak to one another, and ensure the event runs smoothly.
11. In the in the venue, the Operations Manager runs the evening. They are in charge of ensuring the event runs correctly to the running sheets, and every guest is looked after.
12. The Security and Parking Attendances will remain outside at all times. This is to ensure all guests’ cars are secure, and if any guests are smoking they feel safe. The fifteen years that Red Scooter has been operating, there has never been any vandalism to any guest’s propriety.
13. Red Scooter has four sets of staff member on the floor during the event. One: Operations Manager, who produces the event. Two: Bar Staff, they all poor drinks and refresh glassware. Three: Beverage Floor Staff, the staff offer roving beverages, table service and help the Bar Staff with refreshing glassware. Four: Food Service Staff, the staff are only allocated to running and serving food. This style of service means the flow of the event does not change, and guests never have to wait to be looked after.
14. As the event is under way, there are always a number of guests who are smokers. As Red Scooter is a non smoking venue, guests would have to exit the venue to the ground level. The security show the guests where they can smoke (in an allocated area, with smoking signs and some seating are available). The security will stay with the guests until they move back into the venue.
If there are any specific formalities through the evening, and the clients would like all guests to be in the venue at this point. The Operations Manager, calls down to Security with the radios, and asks the Security to make sure all guests on the ground level come back in the venue.
15. As guests exit the venue, the security and parking attendants once again ensure all guests leave safely. This could be by providing taxies, walking guests to their cars, or by making sure that guests who are intoxicated (whom the security feel they are over the road limit as per the guild lines of the Responsible Service of Alcohol Victoria), do not drive home. In this instance the security would find alternate transport for the guest.
16. After the event is completed the Event Coordinator will call and send a survey to the client, to find out how the event went from their perspective.
If you have any questions about Red Scooter: General Event Information, or would like any more information about Red Scooter: General Event Information, please don’t hesitate to call us on 03 9527 6846.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you and your guests to Red Scooter event and to giving you a wonderful, memorable experience.
Read more about Red Scooter: General Event Information to find out why we should be your next corporate event venue.