Signs You're Overdoing the Wedding Planning
Wedding planning can be a lot of work, and it takes months to plan a wedding properly. If you want to do it right, no doubt you’re spending much of your time thinking, planning, organising, and budgeting for your wedding.
But, could you be overdoing it? Here are some signs of excessive wedding planning:
- You dream of wedding planning — Everyone dreams of their wedding–set in that beautiful Melbourne wedding venue of your choice–but when you start dreaming of the planning, that’s when you know you’ve gone too far. The human mind can only handle so much thinking on one subject before those thoughts start to bleed over into your dreams, so take it as a sign that you’ve been obsessing about the wedding.
- You can’t stop talking about it –– When you go out on a date night with the future Mr. or Mrs. Right, it’s a time to relax and kick back. If you can’t stop talking about your wedding even when you should be enjoying your special time with each other, perhaps you’re overdoing it with the wedding planning.
- You’ve already gone way over budget –– This is a lot more common than you’d think! Many brides plan their wedding with extravagance in mind, hiring the best catering company, looking for the most expensive Melbourne wedding venues, and the list goes on. If you can’t stick within the budget that you and your partner have set, you’re definitely going overboard with the planning.
- You can’t stay away from the weather report — Yes, you hope the sun will shine on your wedding day, but rain or shine you’re still getting married, right? Don’t let the weather stress you out, but hope for the best–and go with an indoor venue to set your mind at ease.
- You get angry when others talk about their wedding details –– You may have friends who are getting married before you, and they are no doubt going to be talking about their wedding. If you find yourself getting angry when the focus is taken away from your wedding, it may be time to dial back the obsession.
- Your phone is packed with texts to the wedding planner –– There are only so many text messages you should be sending the wedding planner. If you’ve been talking/texting with the planner more than you’ve been doing so with your future spouse, you’re overdoing it.
- You watch wedding reality TV shows –– These wedding reality TV shows are NOTHING like real life, despite the fact that they call themselves “reality TV”. Don’t watch them, as they’ll just make that obsession a bit worse.
- You post about nothing else –– You want to keep your friends and family abreast of your progress, but is your wedding ALL you post about on social media? If so, it’s a sign that you’re overdoing it.
To help you dial back the stress of your wedding planning, you definitely need to contact professional, creative wedding planners to do the work for you. Red Scooter is the team you need!