Tips for Brides-to-be: Are You Forgetting…?
Being a bride is a wonderful thing, but it can also be pretty stressful. The big day comes and it’s time to walk down the aisle at your gorgeous Melbourne wedding venue. Your mind is so focused on the big day itself that you forget all kinds of things.
Here are a few things that MOST brides forget, along with tips to help you remember them on your big day:
- Overnight bag — You may have all the honeymoon luggage packed and ready to go, but you’re staying overnight in a hotel before you leave. Do you have the things you need? Have someone drop your overnight bag off at the hotel BEFORE the wedding, and it will be there when you arrive.
- Pre-honeymoon plans — The honeymoon usually starts the day AFTER the wedding, but are you going to home and sleep on the night of your wedding? Instead, why not check into a hotel for some pre-honeymoon relaxation? Make sure to have the room booked before the wedding.
- Décor — You’ve spent a fortune decorating the church and the Melbourne wedding venue, but did you remember to decorate the bathroom, the bar, and the entrance? It may not sound important, but it adds to the ambience of the event.
- Delivering your things — If you are off to spend the night at a hotel, who’s bringing the gifts, the cake, the mementos, the leftovers, and everything else back to your house? Have someone in charge of the delivery, and you won’t have to worry about it as you’re whisked off to your honeymoon.
- Wedding gifts — Not only do you receive gifts, but you have to GIVE a few as well. Your parents, the in-laws, and your bridesmaids and grooms all need gifts, so make sure to have that sorted out well in advance of the wedding day.
- Post-honeymoon plans — So you’ve been on a whirlwind romantic vacation after your wedding, but now it’s time to come home. Uh oh! You’ve arrived at the airport, but you have no way to get home. BEFORE you leave for your honeymoon, work it out for someone to pick you up when you arrive home.
- Itineraries — Everything from the limo driver to the shuttle service to the honeymoon flights need to be confirmed, and there’s a lot of work for a bride to do to ensure that everything runs smoothly. If one of your bridesmaids can handle it, you’ll have one less thing to worry about.
- Legal documents — Who’s bringing the marriage license to be signed? Someone NEEDS to be in charge of this, as it will ensure that things are completely legal. It will save you the hassle of dealing with it after the honeymoon.
About the Author:
A lot goes into a wedding, but thankfully Red Scooter has your back! Not only do we offer one of the top wedding venues in Melbourne, but our team of experts will help you stay on top of everything to ensure that nothing slips through the cracks.