If you’ve never been in charge of planning a Christmas party before, you have no idea how challenging it can be to come up with a new party theme that has never been done before. No matter how creative you think you are, it’s likely that your company has thrown an 80’s party, a fancy costume party, or a Hawaiian-themed event before.
Coming up with a theme for your Christmas celebration is important, so it’s time to think outside of the box and get creative.
A Few Crazy Themes
Check out the oddball themes we’ve come up with for your original, never-been-done-before Christmas celebrations:
- Ugly Sweaters — Yes, we’ve all got that supremely ugly Christmas-themed sweater given to us by our mothers, wives, or children – the one that’s sitting discarded in the back of your closet. It’s time to break out these sweaters, and everyone gets to vote on the winner of the party: the one with the ugliest sweater.
- Reverse Christmas –– Christmas in the Northern Hemisphere is a cold affair, so it’s time to turn up the AC unit and celebrate Northern-style. Have hot chocolate and marshmallows, have a fire going in a fireplace, and make it a cold Christmas party.
- Cookie Swap — There’s nothing like some delicious cookies to enjoy the Christmas celebrations, so make your theme a cookie swap this year. Have everyone bring a tray of cookies, and pass them around for everyone to enjoy. You can even make it a contest to see who can bring the best homemade cookies.
- All-in-One — It’s not just Christmas time, but it’s also Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and a host of other holidays as well. Instead of trying to cater to everyone, just throw a party with decorations for every denomination.
- Christmas Karaoke — What could be more fun than for everyone to join into the spirit of Christmas than breaking out a Karaoke machine? Once everyone has had a few cold ones or glasses of wine, you’d be amazed by how much fun you can all have belting out classics such as Carol of the Birds, Six White Boomers, and White Wine in the Sun.
- Photobooth Christmas –– Have everyone pass through the photo booth on their way into the party, and once again on their way out. The next day, compile the before and after pictures into a Christmas card, and send it to each person as a takeaway memory from the Christmas party.
- Re-Gifting Party — We’ve all gotten Christmas gifts that we’ll never use, such as the fifth tie, the ugly sweater vest, or that battery-operated toy we just don’t understand. Re-gifting these gifts is awkward, but not if everyone’s doing it. Have everyone bring an awkward gift to the party, and pass it on to someone else who will find it equally useless. It’s a fun, oddball way to celebrate Christmas and give gifts – even if they’re never going to be used.