Wedding Photos – 7 Ways Not to Mess Them Up
Wedding photos can be difficult to get right, especially after an hour or more of taking pictures with every member of your wedding party. If you want to avoid messing up the photos, here are some things you can do:
- Recreate old photos — Look through your old photo albums and see which pictures of you and your future spouse you like best. What is it about the photos that you like? Try to recreate the elements of those old photos that you liked best and it can help you take better photos on your wedding day.
- Have an engagement shoot –– If you’re not sure how the wedding photos will come out, throw an engagement party and hire the photographer to shoot that event. You’ll get all the pictures back and it will give you a chance to see how you and your spouse look in the photos. It will also help the photographer get to know you better and vice versa, making it easier for you to work together on the big day.
- Have a trial shoot –– Get your hair and makeup artist to give you a simple ‘do, and have the photographer take a few shots. Your wedding style may not look as good as you thought it did, and this trial shoot will give you a chance to fix any style issues.
- Work with the photographer to find your best angle –– Everyone has that “best angle”, but it can be hard to find it. Spend a few minutes with the photographer before the wedding shooting even begins and figure out the best angles for your photos. It will pay off HUGE when it comes time to shoot hundreds of photos in quick succession.
- Don’t go crazy –– Before you are tempted to try something artsy or uber-creative, consider the fact that these are the ONLY wedding photos you’ll have. It may be better to keep it classy and simple, because crazy doesn’t always pay off!
- Drink up –– You want your skin to look fresh and bright for the photos, so make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day. If you get dehydrated, your skin will look tired and wrinkled–making for HORRIBLE wedding photos.
- Sweat the small stuff –– Are your tags tucked in? Are bra and panty lines showing? Can people see your new tan? Is there food stuck in your teeth? Make sure that all of the small details are properly taken care of and you will avoid ruining your wedding photos. Remember: by the time these details are visible in the wedding photos, it’s too late to take more!
Want more helpful advice on planning your AWESOME wedding day? Check out the Red Scooter blog for hundreds of articles to make your life easier…