Melbourne is home to some AMAZING beach side wedding venues: from St. Kilda Beach to Elwood to Brighton Beach. All of these beaches make for gorgeous locations for a beach side wedding ceremony venue. What could be more romantic than a same sex wedding venue where you get to walk on the seashore, listen to the sound of the crashing waves, and bask in the bright sun and cool ocean breeze?
Planning a beach side wedding reception venue is A LOT more work than you might expect. Here are a few things we’ve learned over our years of planning beach wedding venues:
• Timing is everything. You need to plan the unique wedding venue at a time when the tide is low enough that you have plenty of sand for the wedding chairs, pulpit, and party tent. You also need to find a time of day/month/year when the beach is free of swimmers and surfers (who could ruin your beautiful photos). The best times of day for a beach wedding is early in the morning or later in the afternoon, when the sun isn’t too bright or hot.
• Get a permit. In order to get married on a beach, you need a permit to host your event there. This can be quite a hassle if you’ve never obtained a permit before. (Might be worth hiring a wedding planner to handle it for you!)
• Prepare for trouble. Beach weddings are outdoors, which means they can be trickier than a controlled indoor environment. You can encounter a host of problems,: your party tent blowing away in a strong wind, your caterer unable to cook your food because the wind puts out the gas, your food is filled with grit and sand, and the list goes on. Once again, it’s worth working with a wedding planner to help you prepare an alternative in case of these eventualities.
• Heat can be problematic. The heat on the beach can melt your wedding cake’s frosting, wilt your flowers, and warm up your cocktails too quickly. You’ll need to keep that in mind when buying your wedding cake and working with your caterer and florist.
• Beach wedding venues are a photographer’s dream. If there’s one amazing thing about a beach wedding venue, it’s the photographs! There are so many wonderful angles to shoot from, and there are so many ways to get a great picture. Your photographer and videographer will love the opportunity to shoot a beach wedding venue.
Beach weddings can be absolutely wonderful! After all, what could be better than getting married in one of the most beautiful natural settings on earth? But you have to take the above-mentioned details into account when planning the beach wedding. In the end, it’s often smart to have a back-up plan in case Mother Nature decides not to cooperate with your wedding plans. That’s where our Red Scooter team comes in: we’ll help you plan the perfect wedding venue, even if it means a last minute change