Personalising a traditional wedding is really the only way to make it stand out from the rest. Of all the millions of people getting married in a church and wearing a white wedding dress, how is yours unique and creative?
Here are a few ways that you can personalise your wedding–really making it all about you:
- Serve Meals Showcasing Your Heritage — You no doubt have ancestors from other countries, and each of those countries have unique wedding dishes that you can serve. Do a bit of research into your heritage, and see if you can’t add a delicious dish belonging to the country from which your ancestors came. Don’t just stick with chicken or steak, but break out of the box with your menu.
- Include a Story Card with Your Invitation — When you send out the invitation to your wedding, why not add a story card in the envelope? Type out the story of how you two met, or any meet-cutes from your romantic history. Your guests can read the story of your love–a very unique and personal touch.
- Consider Out-of-the-Box Transportation — While a stretch limo may be comfy, it’s definitely a traditional way to get married. If your wedding venue is near the Melbourne Bay, why not look into driving a boat to the venue? What about a sports car, or antique cars? What about a horse-drawn carriage, a classic taxi, a trolly car, or anything else
- Use Photos as Décor –– Gather photos from your history as a couple, adding any pictures that include friends, family, co-workers, and loved ones. Place them on the wedding tables as décor, giving the guests something to use as a conversation starter!
- Add a Family Heirloom –– Ask the parents of the bride and groom if they have any family heirlooms that they would be willing to part with, even just for the ceremony. Think how amazing the bride would look wearing Great Grandma’s antique locket, or how stunning the groom would look in Grandpa’s ancient top hat.
- Fill Your Wedding Playlist With Songs that Count — Sure, everyone wants to dance at the wedding party, but you can’t ONLY play songs that will please the crowd. Populate your wedding playlist with songs that matter to you! Play the song that was on the radio when he took you on your first date, the music playing at the bar where you had a drink, or the tunes you danced to at your first club. Have a few songs that are special to you, giving you the perfect romantic music to dance to.
Planning a wedding is a lot of work, which means that details are often forgotten or neglected in the myriad tasks to be accomplished. Don’t let the stress ruin your wedding, but let our team of experts help you. We’ll make sure that every little detail is included in your wedding, giving you the special day you’ve always dreamed of!