Your wedding should be one of the most romantic days of your life, despite all the stress and pressure of getting married in front of hundreds of people. When choosing your Melbourne wedding venue, catering, entertainment, and music, it’s important that you focus on the romance factor in order to make your wedding day one to remember.
Check out our great tips to help you make your wedding day exponentially more romantic:
- Marry at the site of the proposal — If your husband proposed at a beautiful place (here’s hoping he did!), why not get married there? You can retell the story of how he popped the question, and that place will forever have sentimental value to you both.
- Find the naturally romantic venues — There are lots of excellent Melbourne wedding venues, but only a few of them have the romance factor built into them. For example, there are many excellent venues in the Yarra Valley–wine country–as well as 18th century mansions with their sprawling gardens.
- Choose the right colours — The best colours for a classic romantic feel are a combination of various shades of pink, white, and perhaps a bit of silver. Most shades of red can give you a very romantic ambience, particularly the deeper reds.
- Never forget the lighting — There are few things more romantic than a perfectly lit wedding venue once the sun sets. If you want to ensure that your venue is as romantic as possible, hold the ceremony after dark and light up the event with thousands of tiny lights.
- Consider candles — While candles may not be the safest type of lighting for your event, they’re definitely some of the most romantic. There are few things that scream “romance” as much as hundreds of candles flickering in the darkness, and they can add a touch of elegance to the event. This will only work for indoor weddings, though.
- Print facts about your romance on place cards — You no doubt have romantic stories to share about each other, so print them out onto the place cards for each table. Your guests will be able to read your stories for a very touching “Awww!” moment during the dinner.
- Have the groom escort the bride — Instead of the traditional giving away of the bride, why not have the groom meet the bride halfway down the aisle and escort her the rest of the way? It’s a touching gesture, and yet surprisingly uncommon.
- Play the music that matters — Instead of the classic Wedding March, why not play the songs that really matter? Play the song that was on the radio the night you first kissed, or the song that you danced to after he proposed to you.
Want to dial the romance factor way up? Let our team of Red Scooter experts help you create a wedding night that will be as romantic as possible. We’ve got one of the best wedding venues in Melbourne for a romantic evening, and you’ll love what we can do to make your special day a night to remember.