The problem with that big fancy wedding you always wanted is that it’s going to cost you nothing short of an arm and a leg. Just trying to cover the cost of feeding 200 guests alone can bankrupt you, and that’s before you add in all of the other costs – tuxedo rental, alcohol, the venue itself, and the list goes on.
Thankfully, getting married doesn’t have to send you into debt for the rest of your young adult life.
Here are a few ways that you can get married at the perfect venue while still trimming down your budget:
- Get married on Friday or Sunday — It may sound silly, but getting married on a Friday or a Sunday is often way cheaper than doing so on Saturday. Saturday is the most popular day for weddings, so booking on any other day of the week can be a great way to get a discount.
- Select only what matters most — What’s the most important part of the wedding for you? Is it the beautiful venue, or is it the meal? Do you want a professional DJ or a professional photographer? Think about what elements of your wedding are the most important, and pay for those.
- Don’t go traditional –– Just because you’re getting married, that doesn’t mean you need to do so in a church or fancy mansion. Why not consider less traditional options, such as an art gallery, a museum, botanical gardens, or even a small bed and breakfast well outside of Melbourne. You may just find these venues are much cheaper, not to mention less booked up.
- Go out of town –– You live in Melbourne, but you don’t necessarily need to get married there. Why not go out of the big city, and find a cute little wedding venue in the nearby mountains, in a town or village a few miles away, or even down the coast. You may just find a gorgeous little gem nestled in the heart of nowhere – the perfect place to get married at a low price.
- Try morning weddings –– Most people like to get married in the evening, as they can dance the night away. However, morning weddings are usually cheaper, so it’s worth considering if you’re trying to trim that budget.
- Pay in full after negotiating –– Always try to negotiate the price down as much as possible – you’ll find that most wedding venues are willing to drop their prices a bit. Instead of paying a down payment and making more payments after, try to pay the full price in exchange for a discount.
Finding that perfect venue can be hard with so many beautiful wedding venues in Melbourne. Red Scooter is the ideal place for couples looking for elegance and luxury. We’ve got the most competent staff in the city, and we’ll make sure that your dream wedding goes off smoothly. You’ll love our award-winning venue – the place where your marital life will begin on the right note! Let us help you plan your wedding, and we’ll take all the work out of it for you.