There’s nothing worse than feeling the tension mount on your wedding day. You get anxious because the flowers are late, the catering hasn’t arrived, and the room isn’t set up right. Every additional concern makes that knot in your stomach just that much bigger, and before you know it, you’re a bundle of frazzled nerves.
Whoa, slow down! Here are some tips to help you AVOID that wedding day stress:
- Don’t sweat the small stuff — As the bride or groom, it’s your job to focus on the big day. You have groomsmen and bridesmaids to handle all the little details, so leave it up to them. Once you’ve planned everything, put the little tasks into the hands of the people who will help you.
- Have someone to put out the fires –– If a problem arises, someone should handle it, but not you. Leave someone in charge of putting out all the little last minute “fires” that could spring up. If there are too many people in charge of the details, things could slip through the cracks. With just one person in charge, it’s much easier to ensure everything gets done.
- Start the day out right –– Sleep well the night before, have a hearty breakfast, and get in a good hour of workout. If you want to be relaxed, exercise is one of the best things you can do to get rid of stress. It will also give you a beautiful glow that will make you look FANTASTIC in your dress!
- Make your outfit your own –– Are the shoes you have just too uncomfortable to wear? Do you think your hair or makeup looks ridiculous? The most important thing to remember is that you need to be comfortable on your wedding day, so go for an outfit that works–including the dress, shoes, hair, and makeup.
- Try on the dress the day before –– Want to be certain there are no last minute dress SNAFUs? Try it on the day before the wedding, and make sure it’s a good fit. If there are any problems, you can get it tailored before wedding time.
- Snap LOTS of pictures –– Don’t just rely on the wedding photographer for all of the wedding pictures, but make sure to take plenty yourself. Snap pictures of the prep process, the time you spend sitting and waiting, talking with the bridesmaids, and preparing to walk down the aisle.
- Have fun with it –– The most important thing to remember is that your wedding should be fun. Don’t be so set in what HAS to happen that you can’t find a bit of fun and frivolity in your big day.
- Let Red Scooter do all the work for you — Not only do we offer an amazing venue, but we’re also one of Melbourne’s premier event planning services. If you let us handle the details of your wedding day, we’ll take all the stress out of it. You can focus on getting married, and leave the small stuff to us!