The reception is the part of the wedding that most of your guests are looking forward to, so it’s important that you plan it properly. There are so many things to take into account, and the location is just one detail–yet an important one!
Most wedding receptions are held indoors, but a smart wedding planner will tell you that it’s worth at least considering an outdoor area. There are plenty of great reasons to have an outdoor area at your wedding reception, including:
- It’s great for photos — The best photos are usually taken in the great outdoors, with the blue sky above, beautiful nature around you and gorgeous views in the background. If you want wedding photos that will pop, it’s definitely worth having an outdoor area–the perfect space for a few perfect wedding shots.
- It provides space for kids –– Many parents can’t find a way to leave their kids at home, so they have to bring the little ones to your wedding reception. Kids tend to get bored when cooped up indoors, but with an outdoor area, there is plenty of space for them to run around. They can stretch their legs, let out their ya-ya’s and enjoy themselves WITHOUT disturbing the adults trying to enjoy the wedding reception.
- It gives you breathing room –– As the happy couple, you may find yourself in need of some fresh air more often than you’d think. With hundreds of well-wishers competing for your attention, it’s likely that you’ll need a break. What better way to relieve your stress than by going outdoors and inhaling fresh, clean air?
- It gives you space for expansion –– What would you do if your indoor venue gets too full of people for everyone to maneuver? Would you just NOT dance at your wedding simply because there are too many people to fit in the space? With an outdoor area, you have space for expansion should you need it. Those who want to sit can take their chairs outside, while those who want to dance can use the cleared space indoors to party!
Of course, there are a few downsides to having an outdoor area:
- It costs more — Some wedding reception venues in Melbourne will include the space for free, but most will charge extra for the outdoor area. You may end up breaking your budget if you opt for the additional space.
- It means more cleanup — If you’re trying to cut expenses by doing your own cleanup, the additional space can add an extra 30 to 60 minutes of cleanup time.
- You can lose children/people — When everyone is indoors, it’s easy to find people should you need them. But if there is an outdoor area, it’s harder to locate that person or people you’re looking for.
- It can be cold — The wind can be pretty harsh when winter sets into Melbourne, and it may be too cold to spend much time outdoors.
If you need help selecting the perfect space for your wedding venue, let Red Scooter be your guide!