The engagement period is one of the most enjoyable times of your life, but it can also be the most stressful. The clock is counting down to your big day, and you have SO MANY preparations to make to be ready for when you finally say “I do”.
Don’t let the stress get to you as you’re coming down the home stretch! You’ve got the Melbourne wedding venue booked, the cake is designed, and you’ve got the tuxedos and dresses. There’s only a few more things to do to prepare for your big day, and here are some tips to help you in the final weeks before Wedding Day:
- Make a list — How are you going to know what you need to do if you don’t have a list of all that needs to get done? Making a list will help you to be able to check things off one by one, and your stress will decrease as you see fewer and fewer things left to do. Lists are the best way to stay organized!
- Handle the final legal issues — You need to apply for a marriage license, finish up your final days at the office before your honeymoon, get your travel documents in order, and so on. Get these things out of the way as early as possible, and you will be far less stressed on the day of your wedding.
- Delegate — If you want to be sure you’re ready for the big day, you’ll need to delegate a lot of the responsibilities and preparations. Your spouse can definitely handle some of the duties, but you have bridesmaids and groomsmen for a reason. Give them tasks to handle for you in order to reduce the stress you have to deal with.
- Prepare for the guests — No doubt you have a number of people traveling from out of town for your wedding, and you’ll need to be prepared for the influx of visitors you will receive. Make sure the rooms are booked at the hotel, the shuttles are prepared to transport them, and the reservations for your rehearsal dinner are set. Get those gift bags ready, as well as the presents for the families of the bride and groom.
- Submit a headcount — Your caterer and your cake-maker both need a rough headcount, as they need to know how much food to prepare. Get them the list ahead of time.
- Double check your outfit — You want to be certain your dress and tuxedos fit well, and that there are no rips, stains, or spots on the outfits. Break in those wedding shoes a few days in advance, as the last thing you want is to have blistered feet on the day of your wedding. Set aside clean clothes for “just in case”.
There’s so much that goes into planning for a wedding, but thankfully Red Scooter is here to help you! We’ve assembled a team of top-notch event planners, who are at your beck and call to ensure that your wedding day goes off without a hitch!