If you’re shopping for the best wedding venues Melbourne can provide, it may be hard to know what to look for. After all, you’re in the early stages of your wedding planning process, so you probably don’t have everything worked out yet.
Going wedding venue hunting is an important part of the wedding planning, not to mention one of the most exciting parts. When visiting the many wedding venues on offer keep these tips in mind:
- Bring a list of questions — It’s time to ask A LOT of questions about all of the venues that you visit, questions like “How many guests?”, “When’s the best time of day for wedding photos?”, and so on. Check out our other blogs to find a list of important questions to bring.
- No more than 2 per day –– If you visit too many venues in one day, your head will spin and you’ll be unable to make wise decisions. Stick with just 1 or 2 venues per day, and really take your time with each. It will ensure that you can examine each venue carefully, finally choosing the one that feels best.
- Make the big decision together –– Brides are often tempted to tell the groom exactly what they want, and many grooms let the bride make the decision for them because it’s easier. However, in a successful marriage both partners make big decisions and this is the first big decision in your lives. Make it together and make sure that both the bride and the groom have a say in choosing the venue.
- Bring friends or family — Why not get a third-party opinion on the wedding venue? Even if the bride and groom can both attend the venue walkthrough, why not bring along the mother of the bride, the mother of the groom, or the maid of honour? An outside opinion can be invaluable input!
- Take lots of pictures –– Want to know how the venue will look on the day of your wedding? Visit the venue at the time of day when your wedding will be held and snap dozens of photos.
- Talk numbers –– It may be a bit awkward to talk numbers with the venue manager, but it’s the only way to ensure that you can get the best price. He or she will offer up a number for the package deal and your job will be to negotiate the price a bit lower. If you are smart about it, you can seriously slash the price on your big day!
There’s so much that goes into wedding planning, and choosing from among the wedding venues Melbourne can offer is just the first step.
Thankfully, you’ve got Red Scooter on your side! Not only do we offer the best venue in Melbourne, but we’ve got an award-winning team of professional wedding planners, interior decorators, chefs, and attendants that will be more than happy to help you organise every aspect of your event. A Red Scooter wedding is a wedding like no other!