Everyone knows that the music definitely makes the wedding, so it’s important that you find the right type of music to play on your special day. Some people just love live music, and having a cover band or tribute band is the way to go. For others, a DJ is the best, as they can get all the music they want without being limited by the musicians’ abilities.
So which is best for you?
Hire a Band If:
- You want live music — There’s something absolutely amazing about live music at your wedding. A band has good stage presence, and it arrests the attention of the guests completely. You’ll find that while the band is playing, all eyes will be there.
- You want to plays songs of a specific band — If you have a favorite band whose music you want to play at your wedding, hiring a cover band will get you live performances of your favorite songs.
- You don’t want too much music — If you have a band, you only get about 20 to 30 songs – more than enough for any wedding reception. Sometimes, it’s nice just to enjoy the wedding without music playing in the background.
Hire a DJ If:
- You have less space — A DJ will require far less space, as they’ll only need a table to set up their sound system. If you want to have as much space for dancing and feasting as possible, your best bet is a DJ.
- You want people to dance — You’ll find that most people will enjoy dancing at a wedding, and DJs know how to spin a tune to get people on the dance floor. If your whole plan is just to enjoy dancing, hire a DJ.
- You want a greater variety of music — No matter what type of music you want to listen to, a DJ can find it. They usually have playlists with thousands of songs, from all of the greatest artists in history.
- You want specific songs — Most DJs will be easily able to customize your playlist exactly, so you’ll know that a certain song or two will come on when it’s time to dance, cut the cake, etc.
- You want to keep costs low — A good wedding DJ isn’t going to be cheap per se, but it will definitely be cheaper than a good wedding band.
Tough choice, isn’t it? Making the decision to hire a wedding band or a DJ is just one of the many difficult decisions that you’ll need to make, so get ready to buckle down for the hard work of planning your wedding.
About the Author:
Need help with putting together that dream wedding function? Give us at Red Scooter a chance – you’ll love what we can do with your special day. Not only is our event venue one of the most unique in Melbourne, but our professional function planners have a few nifty tricks up their sleeves that will help you to save big on your big day. We’re a dream planning team like no other!