A wedding can be an expensive event! You’ve no doubt already booked the best Melbourne wedding venue, bought the dress, hired the caterers, and contracted the photographer, but it feels like something’s missing, doesn’t it?
Here are a few wedding expenses you MUST remember to account for in your budget:
- Beauty — You’d be surprised by how much it can cost for a professional stylist to do your hair and makeup, both the day before and on the day of the wedding. You may even want to consider a manicure, pedicure, massage treatment, or spa therapies to help you relax. Take all of these costs into account when budgeting for the big day.
- Marriage License — The last thing you want to think about on the day of your wedding is the marriage license, but without it the marriage isn’t legal. The license will run you up to $100, depending on the state in which you live.
- Bachelorette Party — While the bridesmaids and the maid of honour are supposed to cover the cost of the bachelorette party, you should always budget a bit extra just to help defray expenses.
- Thank-You Notes — Not only will you need beautiful fancy stationery to write on, but you’ll need a few fancy pens, nice envelopes, and the cost of sending the letters in the mail. You’d be amazed by how much it can cost to mail 100+ thank you notes.
- Hotels — You may want to get out of the house and stay at a hotel the night before the wedding, and you’ll definitely need to cover the costs of a hotel on the night of the wedding day.
- Food — You may think that food is covered on your wedding day, but that’s just one meal near the end of the event. You’re going to be starving by the time you’re getting ready to start the event, and you’ll need some food handy. Keep a lot of snacks and simple food handy for when the bride gets peckish.
- Unexpected Guests — You know there are going to be a few extra people showing up at the wedding, and can you really say “No” to them? When planning your wedding budget, make sure to add a few extra plates, drinks, and slices of cake to the catering menu.
- Gifts — You’re not the only one getting gifts, but you’re going to need to give gifts to the bridesmaids, the groomsmen, and the parents of both the bride and the groom. Take this into account when budgeting for the big day.
- Extra décor — Flowers aren’t the only thing that will be used to decorate the venue, but there are a lot of non-floral decorations to account for. Budget at least an extra $25 or so per table just to be safe.
Wow! A lot goes into planning your big day! Instead of stressing out over the event, why not let our Red Scooter experts help you with the wedding. You’ll find that we’re the best at what we do, and we’ll make your life a whole lot easier!