Bridal magazines give you all sorts of tips on planning a wedding, searching through Melbourne wedding venues, choosing a wedding cake, and the list goes on. However, these magazines fail to give you some pretty important tips, like the ones below:
- Have someone to download wedding photos — Designate ONE person to go around the room and collect all the cameras and smartphones from your guests, and download the pictures to a computer. It’s the best way to get A LOT of great wedding photos!
- Know what you’re bringing –– You have a list of items to bring to the wedding, but are you certain that they’ll all make it back to your house? Don’t let things get lost in the shuffle, but make sure you know what you’re bringing so you can bring it all home.
- Take time –– You need to spend a bit of time with your new bride/groom, but you also need a bit of alone time. It’s the only way to avoid the stress when things are hectic. See if you can’t take time before the ceremony, as well as before the reception.
- Hand over the wedding details well before the day of the event –– You need to be able to trust that your wedding is running smoothly, and the only way to do that is to hire a wedding coordinator or designate someone you trust as the organiser. Don’t handle everything up until the last minute, but make sure you have someone doing all the handling for you.
- Avoid writing thank-you letters before the wedding — Just because you have a gift registry, that doesn’t mean you’ll get all the gifts on the list. You have no idea what you’re going to get, so don’t waste your time by drawing up thank-you cards until you’ve opened all of the presents.
- Thank your vendors –– The vendors that did a good job on your wedding deserve your thanks, and more than just a hand-written note and a gratuity in an envelope. See if there are sites like Yelp where you can write a splendid recommendation/review for the service, and it will be a way to thank them that they will REALLY appreciate.
- Do something normal and relaxing to avoid the freak out –– After hours of smiling and greeting guests, the stress is probably going to get to the bride and groom. Take a few minutes to leave the party and just sit together in a side room, relaxing and doing something you enjoy together. Whether it’s watching a 20-minute sitcom or playing a silly game, it will help you take your mind off the stress.
A wedding can be stressful if you’re handling everything yourself, but why not let Red Scooter do the work for you? Not only do we have some of the best event planners in Melbourne, but our venue provides the perfect place for both the ceremony and wedding reception. With Red Scooter’s help, your big day can be an event like no other!