Choosing wedding venues is important, as it’s the location where your big event is going to be held. If you’re looking for the best venue Melbourne can offer you, no doubt you’ve gone around to a few different hot spots in the city. However, if you’re having a hard time finding the right venue, take a look at the checklist below to make sure you’ve got everything just right:
- Seating capacity — How many guests will be attending your wedding? Does the venue have enough seats to accommodate them all?
- Date — Is the venue booked on the date that you want for your wedding? If so, is there any way that you can shift the date of the wedding, or they can find a way to fit your big day in?
- Help — Is there a coordinator that will help you to iron out all of the details – not just in the weeks leading up the wedding, but on the day itself? Will they attend the ceremony and reception to make sure that everything runs smoothly?
- Exclusive use — Many venues try to fit in more than one wedding per day, which can lead to a lot of confusion and frustration. Find out if the venue can be booked exclusively for your use, and how much it will cost extra to do so. Also, ask how many guests need to attend in order to book the venue exclusively.
- Wedding Packages — Does the wedding venue offer a selection of packaged deals? The music, catering, equipment, and other important parts of the wedding could all be rented from the venue for one lump sum – often saving you a good deal of money.
- Rooms — Which room will the wedding itself be held in, and where will the reception be held? If the two are to be held in the same room, how will the room be converted without the guests getting in the way?
- Food and Drink — How much will the catering cost? Will the wine be included? Is there a corkage fee if you bring your own wine? Will you have to pay extra for the servers and sommeliers, or do they come as part of the catering service?
- Reception — What type of linens are available? Will the crockery and cutlery be part of the package? What size and shape tables are available? Can I customize the layout of the setup?
- Party — Where will be band be? Where is the dance floor? Does the venue have its own sound system, or will I need to rent equipment? How late does the bar stay open?
All of these questions should be asked as you check out the various wedding venues for your big day.
Need help to plan the wedding of your dreams? You’ve no doubt got a very clear picture of what you want your big day to be like, and we’ll help to make those dreams come true. With Red Scooter, you’ll always get exactly what you want. We’re one of the best unique wedding venues in Melbourne, and you’ll love the elegant style of our beautifully decorated wedding hall.