Want to know how far in advance of your big day you need to choose the Melbourne wedding venue, find the caterer, select the band, and all the rest? Check out the timeline below to know exactly how much advanced planning time you need when preparing for the wedding of your dreams:
12 Months Before the Wedding
Starting planning a year in advance may seem like way too much time, but it’s definitely not!
- Book the venue — Remember, some wedding venues can be booked for months in advance.
- Make the guest list first draft — List EVERYONE you’d like to see at your wedding.
- Register for gifts — Sign up with the gift registry at your local department stores
10 Months Before the Wedding
- Choose the bridesmaids — It’s tough to choose from among your friends, but lock it down now!
- Choose your vendors — Start looking around for catering now.
- Select the officiant — Once you have the venue, consider whether you’re going to go with a priest, a pastor, or some other form of officiant to lead the ceremony.
8 Months Before the Wedding
- Taste cake — You don’t want to rush this one, so make sure to set aside a week or two for daily cake tastings.
- Try out hair and makeup artists — You want to look your absolute best, and you want to make certain that the hair and makeup artist you hire will be an amazing job.
- Order your dress — This is very important to do now, as you have enough time to make any alterations. (You can also drop that last pound or two easily in time for the wedding.)
6 Months Before the Wedding
- Send out Save the Dates — You’ve got the wedding and reception venue, so it’s time to let people know where and when the wedding will be.
- Order the bridesmaids’ dresses — You’re the star of the show, but they need dresses that look good too.
- Look into honeymoon options — You can book it any time, but you need to know what your options are.
- Buy the wedding bands — Take your time with this one.
- Finalize the guest list
3 Months Before the Wedding
- Dress the men — Get the tuxes for the groom and groomsmen ready.
- Plan rehearsal dinner — Get everyone prepared for the big day.
- Confirm the vendors — Sign those contracts with the catering, drinks, and entertainment companies.
- Send out invitations — This gives the postal service plenty of time.
- Start writing your vows — It takes time, so get started now.
- Rent the limo/car
1 Month Before the Wedding
- Apply for the marriage license
- Throw the bridal shower and bachelorette party
2 Weeks Before the Wedding
- Try the dress on one last time
- Hash out final details with wedding photographer
- Prepare song list with band or DJ
Final Days Before the Wedding
- Finish the seating chart
- Get facials, waxing, tanned, pedicure, manicure, etc.
- Wrap gifts for bridesmaids and groomsmen
- Hold the rehearsal dinner
- Throw bachelor party
Day Of the Wedding
Have the ceremony of your dreams!
Thanks to Red Scooter and our award-winning event service, your big day can go off without a hitch!