What's the Best Time of Year to Plan Your Corporate Event?
Melbourne is one of the busiest cities in Australia – second only to Sydney in New South Wales. Not only does the city have a population of well over 4,000,000, but it’s home to some of the most popular international sporting events in Australia.
Planning a corporate event can be a big deal, and a lot of work goes into setting up for your function. You have to choose the venue, select the catering service, hire the technicians for video, lighting, and audio, and the list goes on and on. But what many people fail to take into mind is just what’s going on in the city around them.
Let’s say that you’ve decided to host a big corporate fundraiser for your company’s charity, or you plan to unveil your latest product in a big gala event. You decide to hold the event at one of Melbourne’s most glamorous hotels, but when you contact hotel management to reserve the space, you find that it has already been rented out by another event. You call your second, third, and fourth-pick venues, but they’re also booked up. Soon, you’re left with nowhere to host your corporate event.
That’s why it’s so important that you’re aware of what’s going on in the city around you. You should consider hosting your corporate event during the off-season – the time of year when there are no city-wide events taking place. That way, you’ll always be able to reserve your first-choice venue for your events. Plus, it’s incredibly frustrating to spend hours sitting in traffic to and from your event simply because you chose to host it at the same time as thousands of people arrive in Melbourne for some big international event.
Here are some of the events that are held in Melbourne every year:
- The Australian Open and the Asia/Pacific Grand Slam are held in Melbourne in January. The Festival of Sails is held in nearby Geelong in January as well, but most international visitors stay in Melbourne.
- The Australian Grand Prix is held in Melbourne in March. The Rip Curl Pro is held in nearby Torquay and Bells Beach in the months of March and April.
- The Australian Football League has its grand finals in September. The Spring Racing Carnival is held in Melbourne every year from September through November.
- The Motorcycle Grand Prix is held on Phillip Island in October.
- The Melbourne Cup Carnival is held in Melbourne in November, along with the Australian Masters Golf Tournament.
- The Boxing Day Test Match is held in Melbourne in December.
These are just the big international sporting events, but there are many local and national events that take place throughout the year. It’s important that you do your research to find out what is the best time of year to hold your corporate event in Melbourne.
Planning your corporate event involves hundreds of little details like this, and it can be a bit over your head. Why not let Red Scooter help you plan the big event? We’re a hard-working team of professionals offering an award-winning service, at a venue like no other in Melbourne. You’ll find that we’re the best at what we do, and our reputation backs up our guarantee that you’ll be 100% pleased with your corporate event planning.