When Looking into Wedding Ceremony Venues, Consider This…
Wedding Ceremony Venues
Selecting from the many wedding ceremony venues Melbourne has to offer can be a lot more difficult than you might expect. You can’t just walk into the venue and book it right off the bat, but you need to shop around, compare prices and services and wait to make the right choice.
The truth is that choosing a wedding venue is no small task, so here are a few things to consider when visiting the many wedding ceremony venues Melbourne can provide:
1. Consider the logistics — While a wedding venue out in the Yarra Valley or the Mount Dandenongs may make for beautiful wedding photos, imagine how hard it could be to chauffeur all of your guests out to the venue. If you have dozens of guests arriving from outside Melbourne, you can see what a nightmare this would be. Consider other elements of logistics such as bathroom facilities, accessibility, parking, security and proximity to the part of town where your guests will be staying.
2. Full service or not? — Some venues offer full-service, which means everything from the venue to the officiant to the food to the entertainment is provided. These venues will often cost less than venues that do not offer full service. If you’ve found a venue that has beautiful décor but does NOT provide everything you’ll need for the wedding, you could end up spending a lot more hiring third-party catering, music and entertainment. That’s not to say that you should ONLY book full-service venues, but it’s important to count the cost.
3. Time of day — Spending a day at your prospective wedding venue can give you an idea of what it’s like at various times throughout the day. Say you plan to get married in the afternoon but the setting sun could ruin the photography at certain beautiful locations around the venue. Getting married in the morning may be a better option, particularly if you can snap the sun rising over the hills at just the right time. Consider what is the best time of day for your wedding, and stroll through the venue at that time to get a feel for what it’s really like.
4. Ask about décor –– If you’re very particular about the wedding décor you want on your big day, you’ll be able to compare your ideal décor with that of the venue you are considering. If you’re not too particular, however, the venue itself may be able to offer you a few ideas to help you find the perfect ambience for your wedding. It’s worth discussing with the event planners at the wedding venues you’re considering.
5. Take a list of questions –– Make a list of questions you want to ask the venues and bring that list along with you. It’s better to ask too many questions rather than too few, as it will ensure that you can find out everything you need to know about the various wedding locations that you’re thinking about.