Your School Formal Planning Checklist
If you’ve never planned a school formal before, you probably have no idea how much work can go into it. You know how picky teenagers can be when it comes to their big events, so you no doubt want to get the event just right!
Red Scooter is here to help!
Check out our checklist to help you plan the prom just right:
- Date — Gotta set the date of the school formal so that the students can prepare for it well in advance. With all the shopping they have to do, they need a few months’ advanced notice.
- Budget — Your school no doubt has a limited budget of how much you can spend on the school formal, so know your budget and stick to it!
- Fundraisers — You may want to throw a fundraiser to generate enough income to hold the event, or else consider selling tickets to the school formal. You’ll need to make the money to cover the prom somehow.
- Venue — Find the ideal place to hold the formal. You’ll need to make sure it has enough space for all the students and chaperones in attendance, as well as room for the refreshments table, the DJ booth, and any other things you’ll add to the event.
- DJ — Without good music, your school formal is going to bomb – and not in a good way! You want to vet the DJ ahead of time, and have him demo a few songs for you so you have an idea of what kind of music he’ll play at the event.
- Catering — No school formal is complete without food and drink, and it’s time to look into catering for the event. You want just snack foods and simple drinks, but make sure they’re tasty – students can get hungry after hours of dancing.
- AV — Got a photographer to capture the big moments in these students’ lives? Have you hired someone to film the big event? Make sure that you’ve got a team of audiovisual experts in place to record the event.
- Illumination — Need a smoke machine, disco lights, strobe lights, or ballroom lights? You’ll need to get all of these things well in advance, so make sure you’ve hired the right company to run the lights for you.
- Theme — You can do a classic school formal sans theme, but why not go the fun route and have a theme. Consider the fun Hawaiian, cowboy, or Village People theme, or check out The Jazz Age or The Great Gatsby themes on our website.
- Decorations/Invitations — Make sure those invitations have been sent out, and stock up on decorations well before the night of the school formal. You don’t want to have to run out for more!
Seems like a lot of work, doesn’t it? Well, rather than stressing over the school formal, come to Red Scooter for help. Our unique party venue is located just outside of Melbourne’s CBD, and you’ll find that our service is as good as it gets for your event. We’ll take care of all of the items on your checklist, and our experts will run the entire party. All you have to do is keep an eye on your students, and let us worry about the details.